If my little son were a computer, he’d be horribly designed. Here are a few examples:
- There’s only one type of error sound without any message. If you don’t find the solution to the problem, the sound becomes louder and louder.
- Sometimes, it just plays the error sound for no reason, and it won’t stop.
- Solutions to problems can be polar opposites, e. g. raising or reducing temperature.
- Bad ventilation and temperature control, needing frequent manual adjustments by the user.
- It has an inbuilt mechanism to not allow the user to get enough sleep by doing periodical error sounds at least every four hours, probably more often, but basically random. This prevents the user from operating at full productivity by having impeded problem solving capabilities.
- Whenever you lift or move it, you need to take care that it doesn’t break because the internal structure is very weak.
- Huge energy demands but tiny battery, needing frequent recharges.
- Not owning one usually causes a strong biological urge inside the potential user to get one.
- Relies on hormonal manipulation of the user in order to be liked despite all of the above.
Thanks a bunch, evolution!